Saturday, November 29, 2008

Big Rain Coming...



Brisbane suffered an amazing week of storms this year. The Gap suffered the most, with roofs being torn off houses, power lost everywhere for days, and some houses leveled completely.

When one of the major storms started, I thought 'Mmmm, this sounds heavy' and went to film a bit of it. The filming ended abruptly when a massive gust of wind blew the rain straight onto me and I lost my balance... it was time to go inside!

If you look carefully, you can see the wave of water blowing off the neighbour's roof top just before I go inside.

Brisbane always was hot and stormy in Summer, and it seems it is well and truly back to its old self after around 10 years of drought (coinciding with 10 years of conservative gvt... the Gods are clearly relieved Kev made it in last year ;-)

No comments: